Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Photo #17 - Dog Days of Summer…

These past couple of weeks have been H.O.T.
We live in the Northeast and we are not used to these temps.
Especially living in an older home with no A/C.

Today was really the climax though.
The weather-people have been talking about the “heat advisory” for days.
Did you ever notice how excited they get at this stuff? 
Well, this time they weren’t wrong…
This was what I awoke to on my Blackberry this morning.  Note the time.
6:36 am.

HOT Temps am web wm
Project 182.5 – 17a

Then, my intention was to take the same pic at noon.  I forgot. 
I was too busy sweating.
But I did remember later this afternoon.  4:42 pm

HOT Temps pm web wm 
Project 182.5 – 17b

It’s 8pm now. 
I wish I could say it is cooling off.  But it isn’t.  It’s windy though.
Maybe a storm will blow in with much-needed rain.
That’s not in the forecast…unfortunately.
There is no forecasted break in the heat til Sunday.

I am reminded though of something I read on someone’s Facebook this morning…..
I was going to complain about how hot it is... then I realized that at least:
1.) it isn't 120 degrees
2.) I'm not 5,700 miles from home
3.) I'm not dressed in a full BDU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.
4.) there is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today
Definitely something to think about huh?

How about you?  What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods?

No comments: