Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Monday, March 4, 2013

My Re-Branding Process

Re-branding, Re-working, Re-designing...I don't really know what to call it, but after much work, I feel like this little blog here has some direction.  WooHoo!

Background
Back in 2009 when I started Enjoy The Process, it was designed primarily to keep long distance family apprised of goings-on in our household.  We had a 10 and 12 year old a the time and things were changing quickly for us.  Over the years, the look or design has changed on a regular basis.  I think I thought if it was cute enough or looked just right, that it would be successful.  What I didn't grasp until recently was that it's what is behind the scenes that is the heart beat.  I've run hot and cold from day one, never really finding "my voice" and always ending up frustrated.  Until recently...

Re-Design
Late in 2012, I decided I needed to "invest" a little bit in my blog.  To date, I had always used free templates and did what I could.  I learned ALOT, don't get me wrong.  But now, I really felt like I needed to invest some money in it...where your (treasure) money is, is where your heart is. (Matt. 6:21)  

So I contacted Amanda @ Royal Daughter Designs.  She did a great job of setting me up with a design that is clean and simple and suits me.

Early in 2013, I joined the "movement" if you will, to choose One Word for the year.  Don't you know, God chose Intentional for me.  Since then, I've still run a bit hot and cold - only posting sporadically, and never really feeling comfortable with what I was doing. Until...

Until I began to pray.  Yep.  I began to pray for my blog.  And the readers.  And my voice.  And His purposes for all of it.  And because He is who He says He is, and He loves me so much, He answered me...a couple Sundays ago in church...during worship.  You can read about it here.


VISION
Using my voice on Enjoy The Process 
by Him and for His Purposes.



Re-Working
That of course led to this post, and a re-working of my ABOUT page.  I also re-worked, updated the Me & Mine (Family page) which was way out of whack for some reason.  And finally, I even created a couple of buttons for the sidebar.  See, I'm getting there....

All that brings me to this weekend.  I was poking around The Influence Network and came across a thread about creating an "Elevator Pitch."  I'd heard of it, but never put much thought into it.  But I distinctly felt a nudge from God to work on it.

What I ended up doing as I put word on paper was actually to create my mission statement, which really began with my tagline - Living Well, Laughing Often. Loving Much.


MISSION
Mine is a Christian lifestyle blog with a heart to encourage families (esp. moms) to Enjoy The Process of everyday life by:

Living Well - maintaining good health
"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s."  1 Cor. 6:19-20 NKJV

Laughing Often - laughing is not only a form of praise, but His joy is our source of strength
"Then our mouth was filled with laughter,And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.”" Psalm 126:2 NKJV

"Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, forthe joy of the Lord is your strength.”" Nehemiah 8:10 NKJV

Loving Much - he who is forgiven much loves much...
"Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.”" Luke 7:47

It's my hope and desire that by sharing our story, families would be strengthened, encouraged and learn to enjoy their walk with Him as they pursue His Purposes in their daily lives.

Now, I have to admit there is a phrase here that I am not altogether comfortable with.  
"Christian lifestyle blog" seems so overdone or over-used maybe, but through prayer it came down to the fact that that is what this is...a blog about Christian life.  God said to use it.  So I did.

Then I reduced that down to a simple statement...my elevator pitch...


ELEVATOR PITCH
Enjoy The Process is a Christian lifestyle blog designed to encourage families to LIVE well, LAUGH often and LOVE much while pursuing His Purposes in their daily lives.

So, what do you think?

Do you have a Vision / Mission Statement or Elevator Pitch?  
Let me know in the comments, I'd love to see yours...
Photobucket

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

so great! I love how much thought & prayer you put in this! My elevator pitch would probably be something like
"my blog is a messy place where i value authenticity and good music. it is a community where we can grow together - spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically. let's do this!"

haha. yours is much more professional!