Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 - A Year of Intentional Living {#oneword}

Intentional

I'm really not one for making New Year's Resolutions.  They just don't stick for me.  
BUT I do enjoy the idea of labeling a year with a word - #oneword.  So starting around Thanksgiving time, as I was doing some dreaming and planning some changes on this here blog of mine, I kept coming back to one word...
Intentional
I've spent a great deal of time pondering this word, intentional and what it means to me.  

Things like doing things on purpose and well-thought out.  Things like seeking the Lord and His good pleasure.  


"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: 
for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Rev. 4:11 KJV


Something funny happened just now... I looked back at January 2012 to see what I was thinking back then...and wouldn't you know, it was the word - Intentional.

Would you say the Lord is trying to say something to me?  Maybe trying to get at something in my heart and mind?  Here is that post.

Since I am determined that this year be Intentional, I asked my new bloggy friend Melanie over at www.OnlyABreath.com if she would put together a button for my #oneword for 2013.  Isn't it pretty?  It's on my sidebar to remind of the goal!  Thanks Melanie!!

Now that I have my assignment - being Intentional,  I've been pondering how that plays out in everyday life.  

God - I had to really pray and determine which way I should go with this one.  There are so many good Bible studies out there right now that this was difficult.  At this point I am going to do the Hello Mornings Challenge again, starting later in January.  Until that time I'll work of She Reads Truth.  The main issue here being - getting up early every. single. day.

Me - Early morning routine that allows more time for Bible study, prayer and writing.  But I also need to focus on my physical well-being - diet & exercise.  I'm also compiling a Book List for 2013.  

Family - I need to spend more quality time with My Man.  We NEED some planned and unplanned date nights.  And I need to be more present with him & the kids.  I need to make myself more available to them - not partially, with my phone in one hand...

Blog & Writing- Now that my blog has been spruced up, thank you Amanda!, I really want to invest in it.  There are a number of ideas and posts floating around in my head that I just need to get out.  Also, I've known for quite some time that the Lord has instructed me to write, so I need to be obedient  to that as well. 

Community - I recently joined the Influence Network!  It's so exciting to be part of a network of women whose "common thread is the Good News, who are motivated  by the Gospel and called to leverage our gifts to be a blessing to others."  I'm so excited for the launch of the Network and the opportunities I know it holds!

There is also the Allume Network of bloggers that I really feel drawn to.  I have a real desire to connect more, via blogs, twitter, etc.

None of this is going to happen unless I am INTENTIONAL...purposeful and disciplined.

How about you? Do you have #oneword for 2013?  

Photobucket

No comments: