Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Friday, January 18, 2013

Cherished {#FMF}

It's Friday again - how does that happen? 

And that can mean only one thing - Five Minute Friday, where a group of women come together to write just for the sake of writing.  It's five minutes - who doesn't have five minutes, right?  

Cherished

I saw the word this morning and immediately thought a specific conversation many moons ago.

I was pregnant, probably about 6 months or so.  

One day, I was having a conversation with a lovely yet very lively (older than me) lady at church.  

All of the sudden she put her hand on my swollen belly and with tears in her eyes, she said these words 

I'll never ever forget... 

"Don't take any of it (parenting) for granted.  
Cherish every minute.  Don't even blink, because if you do, 
you'll open your eyes and she will be 18 and off to college."

I was stunned her words.  After all, I hadn't even labored or borne this babe, and here she was talking about college.  Well, she must have been right.  

I blinked.  

That babe is going to be a junior in high school next fall.  

She'll be taking four college credit courses...her junior year.

I blinked.  

But honestly, I've cherished it all...every minute, every milestone, every season.  
Photobucket
Intentional 150

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Lori
What a wise woman that lady at your church was! Yes, dear one, my youngest is starting university this year and I am still trying to stop seeing them as my babies, never mind young men! I am glad you cherished all those moments.
Hugs to you
Mia