Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Friday, January 4, 2013

A Missed Opportunity. {FMF #1}

It's baaaack! Five Minute Friday with Lisa-Jo at Gypsy Mama.  Woohoo!  This is just what I needed for my quiet Friday morning...to write.  just write.  because that's what we do.  for five minutes.

Here goes...

Opportunity.

I knew when I woke up this morning that I had missed it.  

I had missed an opportunity with God.

You see, last night when I went to bed, I asked Him to use even my sleep time for Him, in whatever way.  And when I woke this morning I know He'd talked to me, shared some things with me, and I didn't get up.  I didn't record it.  I missed that precious opportunity.

But God.  My favorite thought...But God...it holds so much promise!

He is so tremendously faithful and so full of grace.  I know we will have many more conversations - maybe even at night and now I'm ready.  I have a new little notebook next to my bed along with a pen. 

I'm ready for that next opportunity, because I know that His mercies are new every morning.

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 
They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.  Lam. 3:22-23

Photobucket
Intentional 150

3 comments:

Nikki @ Simplystriving said...

Oh our writes take us to the same place! I LOVE THAT! and I've missed you, Lori. :)

I have a notebook by my nightstand, too, for these very moments. you won't regret it, friend.

love and hugs to you!

BARBIE said...

I've been there. And I must get a notebook by my bed! Have a blessed day!

Unknown said...

Dear Lori
Oh, why does this sound so familiar! Thank you for your good advice! A notebook and a pen it would be. I am so glad that our Lord knows that the spirit is willing, but at times the flesh is so weak! Nice meeting you at FMF.
Much love
Mia