Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Advent–{Expectation}

Advent Pic wm

In years past, I’ve wanted to do an Advent study leading up to Christmas.  You know, to bring more focus and meaning to the season.  And always, if I started, the studies were never finished.  See I have a penchant for not finishing things. 

But this year it’s different.  Not sure why, but it is. 

So when I came across this Advent devotional on the You Version Bible App I have installed on my iPhone, I thought “hey, maybe this year…”  So today I started it today.  I read the verses and the study section – each day includes Exposure, Exploration, Expression and Experience.  It’s short and sweet yet very touching…

Today the passage was Luke 2:21-40.  Read it Here.

I was really touched by the fact that both Simeon and Anna spent their lives WAITING for the Christ child. And both of them were sensitive to His arrival.  And I had to ask myself – what am I waiting for?  What am I expecting?  And will I know it when it comes?

When it comes to this time of year, what are we expecting?  What are we focused on – the hustle and bustle, or the Savior – THE Reason for the Season.  I know that in my world, we tend to get caught up in it - the shopping, the festivities, the gatherings, the gifts, etc. and we tend to lose sight of what is really important.  Remembering the Christ child.

Won’t you join me in taking a minute (or maybe a few) and pausing to reflect on what this season is really about?  I’m personally doing the YouVersion daily devotional and as a family we will be lighting an Advent candle, but really, you could do any number of things…

Blessings to you this CHRISTmas Season!
Lori

No comments: