Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Friday, November 9, 2012

Quiet

I don't often get quiet.

It's hard you know? With the hustle and bustle of life and kids and work and church and everything that pulls for our attention.  

It's hard to get quiet.

But when we do, the effects are tremendous.

In the quiet we can...
...rest 
...listen to that still small voice
...hear what is being said

These are all things we are limited in doing when we are caught in the hustle and bustle of daily life.

Daily life isn't bad, it's just got that element of crazy.  

And it's hard to hear.

I want more quiet.

I'm learning to work it in to 
my schedule more often and more effectively.

How about you - how do you build more quiet into your life?

Lori 

Honored to be Linking up with:
Five Minute Friday
Fellowship Friday 



2 comments:

Janis Cox said...

We are together in this. I need to quiet my mind. I plan on working toward this. Even in our noisy lives I think we can learn to quiet our minds. Reading an excellent book called Refresh. Wrote about it this morning.

Blessings,
Jan

Denise said...

Lovely post.