Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Friday, November 16, 2012

Stay...No, Go!

It's been over four years she's been here.  Last week she got her paperwork to finally go home.  

I'm so incredibly happy for her I can't stand it, but at the same time, everything in me is screaming "No, Stay!  You aren't really leaving are you?"  

She has grown so much.  Her faith is so big now.  She blesses my heart.  I've learned so much just watching her handle this season of her life. 


I know how much I'll miss her, but then I think of her son who is 10 now.  He's been four years without his mama there.  Four school years started and ended.  Four holiday seasons.  Four years... I just can't imagine it.  They talk daily.  She is incredibly involved in the daily goings on.  But she's not there.  

She told me yesterday that her son is super excited to introduce her to all of his friends, because they don't believe that she's real...four years will do that...

My flesh screaming "Stay!"

My heart is saying, "Go! Go home!  Be a mama to that sweet boy...in the flesh...right there, for the daily hugs and kisses, the teachable moments, and all that goes along with it.  

Go my friend, Go..."

Lori 

Honored to be Linking up with:
Five Minute Friday

Fellowship Friday 





3 comments:

Lisa Blake said...

What a heartfelt post to read! I can feel your struggle and your love for this woman. Great post!

Maria said...

Visiting from fellowship friday. It is hard to say good-bye to good friends. I have been there before when you know it is the Lord's will and it must happen, but it is still hard to let go of those we love and say good-bye. There is a joy, a bittersweet joy in your post. Much smiling and embracing of all the Lord has blessed you with in this friendship. May that joy continue to grow. Be blessed.

Nikki @ Simplystriving said...

Oh my heart! I can't even imagine what her heart is saying to her...

Thanks for reminding me how much I take for granted. I'm here, right now. I'm going to savor it. :)

hugs to you!