Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Question…

31-Day-Fall-Challenge-Making-Your-HOme-a-Haven-300x300

Distant or Engaged?  That was the question posed by Courtney over at Women Living Well this week.  In my google reader, the title caught my eye and I had to give it a peek.  Come to find out it’s a challenge for this fall – Making Your Home a Haven. Okay….

I her post, which you can read HERE she basically broke it down and described two women who each run their homes differently. 

Woman #1 is distant, distracted, crabby, discontent and prayer-less.
Woman #2 is engaged, wise with time, pleasant, content and prayerful.

Oy Vay.  More often than not, I would characterize myself as #1 when what my heart desires is #2.  And if you spend anytime at all on Courtney’s blog you hear her say, “we (women) set then tone of our home”.  This I know, and this I have not been focusing on lately.

Until now.  I have taken Courtney’s 31 day challenge, and this week I lit a candle these past few days and prayed for peace in my home.  I’m taking back the reigns ladies.  I’m sick and tired of the crabbiness and the discontentedness that has crept in – both in myself and in the rest of my family.  I just can’t wait to see what God is going to do in the next few weeks!

How about you?  Any of this strike a chord with you? 
Have you taken the challenge?

Don’t forget to check out Women Living Well if you haven’t already…

 Lori

1 comment:

Evelien said...

This is such a good challenge, but I find it hard to keep it going!! Especially when you're having an off-day...
Keep on going!

And thanks for stopping by at my blog, so sweet of you :)