Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Friday, April 5, 2013

After


Sometimes the build up of expectations leads to a dramatic let-down...After.

I've seen it so many times.  Experienced too many times to count.  

The struggle just to enjoy the moment...the planning...the actual moment...not fearing or worrying about the After...the clean up...the what comes next thoughts.

I used to be a wedding coordinator and one of the things I constantly reminded my brides was just that...enjoy the moment.  Enjoy the feeling of that moment...enjoy the joy and anticipation.

The after will take care of itself.  
Will there be things to deal with? Sure.  
Will there be struggles and disappointment?  You betcha.  

But in this moment...enjoy it.  
The after will take care of itself.  

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, 
for tomorrow will worry about its own things.
Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.  Matt. 6:34

That's how I try to view After now.  Enjoying, the moment, knowing that God sees everything I am facing and that I will be facing, and He has all things worked out for my good.

Linking up with Lisa-Jo and the Five-Minute Friday Writers.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This '...and He has all things worked out for my good.' --- is amazing! Knowing He knows is half of how I get through tough times. I love that you laid this out there. It's so true.

This should be on a bumper sticker or blog button or something!

Mary Jo said...

Love. This is such a great reminder to not worry and just be totally in the present. Thank you so much! Here from #FMF!

Unknown said...

Dear Lori
I think this is the enemy's greatest weapon. You know that cruel whisper about all the woes that might befall us in the future. Well, our security lies not in the future as we think of it, but the eternal and that is settled forever!!
Blessings

Beth Zimmerman said...

Beautiful way to live life, isn't it!