Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Five Min Friday on Saturday {in real life}

        Five Minute Friday at Gypsy Mama
        1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
        2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
        3. Go a little overboard encouraging the writer who linked up before you.

      OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

      in real life…

      Go.

      In the blogosphere, things are pretty easy.  After all, there is a backspace and a delete key.  Sure, I try to be very conscious of people’s feelings and emotions, but I have more time to think about what I say or do before I hit “send”. 

      But in real life, it aint so.  Emotions rise, and feelings get hurt.  Easily.  Apologies are quickly made, and hopefully they are received. 

      In real life, things are messy.  BUT God….

      I’m so thankful for His grace and mercy.  But why am I so reluctant to extend the same to others who hurt or frustrate me?

      Lord, please help me to extend Your grace and mercy to those around me.  I need Your hand upon my life to help me with this.  I’m willing Lord.  I don’t want my “real life” to be messy.  I want it to be full of You – your grace and your mercy.  Please help me Lord.

      STOP.

      What is your “real life” like?

      Lori

      1 comment:

      Anonymous said...

      Such a perfect reminder...that's my prayer today- help me extend your grace and mercy to those around me...and to myself...

      beautiful post.