Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 4 - Practice


This challenge is really, well, challenging.  It’s making me think in a whole different way about who I am and what I do with my writing.

Not too long ago, I began hearing the Lord whisper “You need to begin writing.”  And as I began to ponder what that looked like, and how I might accomplish it, I began to hear other voices as well…things like, “What do you possibly have to say?”  and “Who would ever want to read your story?”

Then HE showed me this scripture – Psalm 45:1
“ My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; my tongue is the pen of a ready (skillful) writer.”

HE gave me a story.  HE wants me to write it.  Maybe it will benefit others, and maybe it’s just for me, so that I realize the significance of Enjoying the Process.  Now I understand.  That’s my purpose in writing.

I have people very close to me who have an aversion to Social Media.  They just don’t see it’s value.  And I respect that.  Yet I am drawn to this outlet.  I know GOD said to write.  During a lengthy Bible Study lesson last week, I began once again to question why I am doing this, writing.   
 
I can assure you, the very premise of what I’m writing, is my story.  It’s me.  I’m not creating something that sounds good or is funny.  All of it is unscripted…in fact my family often says that writers in Hollywood couldn’t write the stuff that happens.  That’s the truth.  And in my life, it’s no different.  

Anyway, I came home that night and ironically enough, I got a notification on my phone…a comment on my blog post. 
 Hey Lori! I found your blog today through Women Living Well Wednesdays. :) I needed this blog entry TODAY. Thank you so much for holding me accountable with love and encouragement. This week I have been struggling with my perspective about this and didn't even realize it. So, THANKS! :)

THAT my friend is another reason why I write.  For me, it’s really not about a huge readership, or skyrocketing stats, money or any of that stuff.  It’s about me writing my story and giving God all the Glory!  And if like this reader, my writing, my story strikes a chord or helps someone who is going through a similar situation, then all the praise goes to HIM!!! 

So, how about you ~ Why do you write?
Lori

No comments: