Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Resetting My System

I recently realized something.  As I was on my unplanned boggy break these past few months I also let some other things slip a little. Things like planning my days, planning our menus, reading books, and even my quiet times with the LORD were sporadic at best.


So, I've taken a few steps to get back on track.


1- I started the Proverbs 31 summer Bible study with Courtney over at Good Morning Girls.  Powerful.  I am really enjoying it.


2- I've begun getting up early again, so that my quiet time and exercise are sure to be had before the day gets into full swing.


3-I started using the Personal Assistant that Amy Bayliss created.  I used the one that could be modified and customized it for me.  I like the daily routine and the menu columns but I added things like the 3 in 30 goals for the month and books, and blog stuff at the bottom.  I actually keep all family appointments and calendar stuff in my phone, so this is really the vehicle to keep my day on track.  It's way too easy to be a side-tracked home executive, and this really helps....


4- I set up some goals.  This was a biggee!!
I love love love the 3 in 30 concept.  Set three small goals in one month's time and completing them is more likely.  I took it a step further and set up reading goals as well. 
If I don't write it down, it won't happen.


June 3 in 30 Goals
1- June photo a day. Taken with my phone mostly. 
2- Organize the basement family room. It's a m.e.s.s.
3- Purge / reorganize our filing system.  We're trying to downsize and I KNOW there is a bunch of files that are no longer needed.


3 Books in 30 Days
1-"You Are a Writer" by Jeff Goins. (education)
2- "The Good Girls Guide to Great Sex" by Sheila Wray Gregoire (edification)
3- "Longing" by Karen Kingsbury (entertainment)
***Proverbs 31 Bible Study***


Dave Ramsey once tweeted "the condition of your desktop reflects the condition of your mind.  Stacks of crap on your desk reveals a cluttered, inefficient mind."


I am finding that staying on track with the events of my day and not letting things "stack up" is really a key to enjoying the process of life.  If things at home are out of order, then my brain gets out of whack, until finally I just find myself unable to function at all.


Do  you have a useful tool for managing your day?  Share it in the comments, I'd love to hear how you stay on track... 

Lori

No comments: