Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Baby Steps...

Last week I posted here about becoming more of a Producer instead of such a Consumer and how I almost bailed out of all of it.

And this week with only two other posts written last week - all I can say is I'm working on it.

This past week has been really busy, so realistically, unless I was ultra organized and had posts written and scheduled ahead of time (which is something I aspire to) I wasn't going to post much anyway. 

The baby steps I have taken are these...

*I check Social Media (mostly on my phone) during WAIT times.  WAIT times include car pool, appointments, etc.  It does NOT included times when I'm sitting at home with my family.


*I modified the notifications on my phone.  My iPhone is truly a blessing, but like anything, it can be a real distraction if I let it!!!  Can I get an Amen?


*I some of my app locations on my phone, even creating folders for Producing and Consuming!


*I'm not reading blogs or emails before I finish my Quiet Time / Bible in 90 Days reading.  The only exception to this is Tweeting at 6am with my HelloMornings Friends.  But that is a check in and prayer time...

I read a quote recently (sorry I don't know the original author, please let me know if you do...) that spoke to my heart on this matter.
Don't be a spectator in life, participate in it...
That's how I see this Producer / Consumer thing.  As a consumer, I'm a spectator, basically just watching God work in the lives of everyone else.  As a producer though, I'm able to share what God has been doing in our lives and maybe touch some lives.

Sounds crazy, but this really is my Work In Process...and I'm thrilled with the baby steps I've taken. 

Lori


                         Women Living Well Wednesday

3 comments:

Eric said...

Thanks for your post! I enjoyed your practicality on how to make your faith an active faith and how to become a participant in the story that God is writing rather than simply standing by. Thanks again! Blessings.

Unknown said...

Hi! I found you through Women Living Well! I'm your newest follower and I look forward to getting to know you better!

Christie
http://satisfactionthroughchrist.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love the idea of reorganizing your apps. And I may just have to institute the same rule of no checking FB when I'm with my family. Sometimes I whip out my phone when we are all just sitting there watching TV, but they are still offended. :) Great ideas. Thanks for linking up with WIP!