Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Sunday, September 30, 2012

31 Days of Practice {October 2012}

During the month of October, I'll be joining a host of other bloggers who will be joining The Nester for her annual 31 Days...event.  The minute I read about it, I was compelled to join in, but for the life of me I couldn't come up with a topic.  I asked biggest fan club and they each had their own ideas...but none of them clicked.

Then I remembered something Jon Acuff said last weekend.  He said we need a "Practice Space."  Ahhh suddenly a light bulb went off, and I had my topic.

I started this blog back in 2008 and it was primarily a way to keep long distance family up to date with the happenings in our family. Epic Fail.

Then I began down the household track...meal planning, recipes, coupons, you name it. Epic Fail #2.  

And the story goes on. and on. and on.  Until last winter.

Last winter I distinctly heard the LORD say to me that I needed to start writing. And I did. For awhile. Then the pressure of comments (or lack there of) and stats, etc overwhelmed me and I slacked off.

That cycle repeated itself in the spring and again this summer.

Until I went to the Quitter Conference recently, and the speakers talked about dreams and how our dreams could and should have an effect outside of us. They talked about dreams offering hope.  

They talked about having a practice space, where we could be free to fail, and eventually find our awesome-ness.

That conference was only a week ago.  And here is this 31 days event, where I am challenged to write - for 31 days. Straight.

I'm excited. I'm apprehensive. I don't have a long list of topics. I'm praying the LORD reveals them as we go along. Because really, that's my biggest source of inspiration - daily life, family, The crazy we call life.

So I hope you will join me this month, and if you are also participating, please leave me a link in the comments, so that I can see what you will be writing about. for. 31. days. straight.
Lori
Day 1 - ABC's of Me
Day 2 - Battle for TIME
Day 3 -Welcome

Day 4 - Homecoming 2012
Day 5 - Savor 7 Saturday
Day 6 - The Road
Day 7 - The D Word {Discipline}
Day 8 - 
Day 9 - 
Day 10 -
Day 11 - 
Day 12 - 
Day 13 - 
Day 14 - 
Day 15 - 
Day 16 - 
Day 17 - 
Day 18 - 
Day 19 - 
Day 20 - 
Day 21 - 
Day 22 - 
Day 23 - 
Day 24 - 
Day 25 - 
Day 26 - 
Day 27 - 
Day 28 - 
Day 29 - 
Day 30 -  
Day 31 -
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go!! I'm excited for you!! I seriously considered unofficially doing 31 days of blog posts but October will be busy so I don't think it's realistic for me. But I'll be rooting for you! :)

Renise said...

I saw the challenge yesterday and decided to link up. I've never finished 30 days of anything other than school. And honestly, once I got to college I'm not sure I did 30 consecutive days... Anywhoo I've never heard of the quitter conference but i'm interested! Looking forward to seeing what the next 30 days have in store for you!