Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Friday, August 17, 2012

Stretching...

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

 


The Topic Today - Stretch.  Go.

Immediately the word stretch means exercise to me...stretching those muscles that may or may not have been used lately.  But then my brain shifts to how God has stretched me lately in relationships.  In work situations.  In family situations.  Always stretching and shifting, bending, but never breaking.

Recently a friend has found herself in a tough spot.  One I've thankfully never been in.  But as she comes to my house and talks and cries and works through her own process, I realize how God is using her situation to stretch me.  To make me more sensitive to others.  To love others more.  To appreciate my own life just a little bit more.  To trust Him more. 

To pray more.  

It's all a stretch.

It's all worth it.

Stop.
Lori

Linked with Lisa-Jo @ Gypsy Mama's Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

Stefanie Brown said...

Lessons come from all directions and take so many forms. I appreciate your willingness to listen and learn.
Found you through Five Minute Friday...
Have a happy Friday!

BARBIE said...

I am so thankful that even though He stretches me, I will never break. Praying the Lord will use you in a great way to minister to your friend.