Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's Bigger Than Me...

It's bigger than me...
It's bigger than us...
What if we...

These are all statements I keep hearing...from different people, in different contexts.

It's the stirring in my heart.  

I don't want to be so self-focused that I miss the needs around me.  And let's face it, that is mighty easy to do given the times we are living in.  Jobs, kids, schedules, it all requires our attention.


BUT, what if?


What's your dream?  
What do you want to DO?  
How do YOU dream of making a difference?

My answers are still forming.  I started this blog in 2008, and only now, four years later, do I have an idea of its purpose - to make some sort of a difference. 

How does that work?  Honestly, I have no idea.  But God does. 

He knows the desires of my heart
Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord;

trust in him and he will do this

Psalm 37:3-5
He knows the plans He has for me (and my blog)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jer. 29:11
I have every confidence that what I give to Him, He can use.


So tomorrow I'm taking a step toward making a difference. 
Christian Mommy Blogger is encouraging a Revival Blackout to pray for our nation, the upcoming election, and our President.  


Leighann hit the nail on the head when she spoke in her video about Revival starting with us and reaching our spheres of influence, and reaching their spheres, and so on...what if???  

Bottom line? We are called to pray for our leaders, regardless of how we feel about them or whether we agree with them.  
The call to pray is always bigger than us.

I'm in.  Are you?


Lori

Linked with Courtney at Women Living Well. 
                       Mary Beth @ New Life Steward


that I joined for the month of October.

No comments: