Home Me & MineRecipesBlog RollBook List

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January Reading List…

January reads wm

I have a goal this year to R.E.A.D.

I have always loved to read. And this year I am going to go back to that love.   I am hoping to read at least one book from each of three categories: Edification, Education, and Enjoyment.

Edificationto build, establish, to instruct and improve especially in moral and religious knowledge

Education - to provide schooling for, to provide with information, to develop mentally, morally, or aesthetically especially by instruction

Enjoyment - to take pleasure or satisfaction in, to have a good time

Now that I have defined my parameters, I chose a few books for January. 

My January List:

Edification: The Meal That Heals by Perry Stone

Education:One Bite at a Time: 52 Projects for Making Life Simpler” e-book by Tsh Oxenreider    52bites.com

Enjoyment:The Witness, by Dee Henderson

And of course the over-achiever in me rose up as I did a Sunday School lesson Benaiah recently, and I began another book called “In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day” by Mark Batterson.  I’m not really sure which category it fits in…

And the book on the bottom of the pile is turning out to be rather good.  “Relentless” by John Bevere.  This one will be read over a three month period and since Chris is out of town this week, I get to teach Life Group, and this is the text.

For the most part, the books I’m focusing on this year are ones I’ve picked up over the last few years with lots of good intentions to read.  Well, here we go.  But I also have a couple of Kindle gift-cards from Christmas, so I am picking up a few   e-books here and there.

Have you seen Saving & Giving's lists of Free Kindle books?  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  My Kindle Fire is totally stocked and they were mostly FREE!  But wait!  You don’t have to have a Kindle to enjoy most of these freebies!  You can download an app and read them on just about any device…

And finally, there is …

You can click on that big pic to learn more, if you don’t already know about Paperback Swap!  It’s a great way to get great books, and keep down the clutter as well!  Win Win Situation!!
Here’s my latest mailing…

Paperback Swap wm

What are you reading?  What is your source for great books?
♥Lori

No comments: