Enchiladas – Corn & Cheese
8 Tortilla Shells (Corn for gluten-free)
1 Tbs vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic
½ onion, diced (optional)
1 ½ cup frozen corn
¾ cup black beans (optional)
½ cup milk
2 cups Pepper Jack cheese, shredded – reserve ½ cup.
1 can Enchilada Sauce (Old El Paso is GF)
Note: You can easily adapt this with chicken too if you want to increase the protein.
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Warm oil in skillet and sauté garlic and onion.
3. Stir in corn and milk; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened about 7-10 min.
4. Season with salt. Add black beans and warm through.
5. Spoon mixture onto center of each tortilla, top with cheese and roll.
6. Set in pan, seam side down.
7. Pour enchilada sauce over all; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
8. Bake 20 min. or until bubbly.
Again, I forgot to take a photo, but I’ll get one next time and add it.
These are very yummy, GF or not.
I’m working on a better alternative to the corn tortillas, since they don’t hold together very well.