Can hardly believe I forgot to take a photo…next time.
But I’m going to post the yumminess anyway…
It’s simple and just a few ingredients which makes it the perfect go-to!!
I almost always double this for our family of four…
Red Beans & Rice
2-3 slices of bacon
1 14 ½oz can chicken broth
¾ cup brown rice (or 1 cup instant rice)
1 small onion, diced
Tabasco sauce (to taste)
1 15 ½ oz can red kidney beans
1. Cook bacon in skillet until crispy. Remove and allow to cool. Chop.
2. Saute onion in bacon drippings.
3. Add bacon, broth, rice, and Tabasco.
4. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
5. Cover and simmer 40 min.
6. Add un-drained beans (I drain them).
7. Cover and heat through.
8. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.